Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Chaordent Pty Ltd (“Chaordent“), ABN 88 116 755 170, is bound by the National Privacy Principles (“NPPs“) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act“) in the way that it handles personal information. This policy explains how Chaordent handles personal information relating to individuals, whether or not they are customers.
In this policy the expressions “we“, “us” and “our” are a reference to Chaordent.
The expression “personal information” is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
We only collect personal information to the extent that this is:
- necessary for us to carry out our core business as the supplier of business, marketing and technology solutions and consultancy services; or
- incidental to the carrying out of our core business.
Personal information will generally only be collected for the purpose of enabling us to liaise with individuals who are, or who are associated with, customers, potential customers, contractors or sub-contractors.
The types of personal information which we may collect and hold in these circumstances include, without limitation, an individual’s name, address, phone number, email address and other contact details.
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways including, without limitation, on forms, questionnaires and surveys, by our website (including cookie collection), over the telephone, or person to person.
Information Use and Disclosure
We will not use or disclose personal information that we collect for any purpose other than the primary purpose of collection unless:
- such use is related to the primary purpose and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for that other purpose;
- in the case of direct marketing not related to our activities — we have obtained your prior consent (unless it is not reasonably practicable to seek your consent and we otherwise comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act); or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
As a general rule, we do not engage in direct marketing activities. To the extent that we do engage in direct marketing in the future, however, you may at any time request us not to provide you with any further direct marketing communications by contacting us via the details set out below.
By using our website you will be deemed to consent to us using your personal information collected by our website for the following purposes:
- notifying you about any changes to the information which currently exists on the website;
- notifying you in the future about new information relevant to our software and services; and
- monitoring your use of our website.
In providing you with goods or services we may need to disclose your personal information to certain third parties including, without limitation, contractors assisting in the provision of the goods or services as part of our core business activities.
Employee Records Exemption
The NPPs and this policy do not apply to our acts and practices directly related to a current or former employment relationship between us and an employee, and any employee record held by us relating to the employee.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information which we hold from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access, Correction and Further Information
We will provide you with access to your personal information held by us, unless we are permitted under the Privacy Act to refuse to provide you with such access. Please contact us on the details below if you:
- wish to have access to the personal information which we hold about you;
- consider that the personal information which we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date; or
- require further information on our personal information handling practices.
Chaordent Pty Ltd
13 Pearse Road
Blairgowrie VIC 3942